Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ladder of Success


This is the small fused quilt I've been working on, although it's not yet quilted. It is constructed entirely with fusible web (no stitching here), and measures approximately 7-3/4" x 15". In the next few days, I'll be fusing it to cotton batting and quilting it by machine. I used some of my hard-to-part-with hand-dyed fabrics for this piece. I don't know why it's so hard for me to cut into those fabrics, because I can always make more. I think I'll call this one Ladder of Success.



My niece Tara is already climbing the ladder of success. She graduated from 5th grade today and received at least 7 awards (I stopped counting). Certificates nowadays are a lot prettier than when I was a kid! She was also the only graduate who made the A Honor Roll the entire year, which was a pretty big deal and earned her a big blue ribbon.

No comments: