Saturday, September 1, 2007

Artist Trading Cards


I'm one of those people who just doesn't know when to quit, and as a result my week has slipped by with all my time consumed by things completely unrelated to art. However, Erin and I had agreed to swap artist trading cards, and since this is a high priority for me, I did manage to find time to make the ATCs pictured here, so we can trade tomorrow. I have been making art most of my life, but I have never made an ATC until this week, so it took me a while to get my groove on. I started by making a bunch of different backgrounds, but ended up using plain white cardstock and saving the backgrounds for later. For all three of these, I first stamped in black on glossy cardstock, then brayered each piece with dye ink. Before the ink was applied to the "Believe" ATC, I lightly sponged it with gesso and allowed it to dry. I used gesso on the turquoise card as well, but also sponged on some blue ink after applying the first color with the brayer. I still have the backgrounds to experiment with later, and will give some to Erin to see what she comes up with. Now I can't wait to see what she has made for me!

No comments: