Monday, September 10, 2007

Wednesday Stamper - Mulberry Paper

My artwork has been a bit subdued lately, so today I chose to use some screaming color for Wednesday Stamper, where the challenge topic is handmade/mulberry papers. For this card I used my current favorite technique - brayering onto white glossy cardstock. When applied this way, I think the color is so much juicier, and it yields a suedelike appearance, which unfortunately is not visible in this photo. I love the ragged look of mulberry paper, and I always make sure it's soaking wet before I tear it, in order to get that distressed look.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful. Love this Color.
Nice Work.

Anonymous said...

Very elegant.

Andrea, said...

Thats great, love the colour

Dymphie said...

Gorgeous! Love these cheerful colours.