Monday, November 5, 2007

Moving Right Along

We are 99% packed and ready for the big move next week, and I am going completely nuts without my art supplies! I've also packed all my books, so now I think I'll need to go to Barnes & Noble to find something to get me through the next few days. We'll be traveling to Illinois this week to close on our house, then returning to pack the truck and head north again next week.

After keeping all my aquarium fish alive through two lengthy power outages following major hurricanes, I decided that it would be in the best interest of my fish (and my own sanity) to give them to the local fish store and hope they would go to responsible fishkeepers. Pictured above is one of my three yoyo loaches, who were named Yoyo Ma, Yo Adrian, and Yo Mama. It was tough to let these guys go, but they may not have survived a long road trip to a colder climate. I didn't drain the tank immediately, and my poor kitty, Lenny, kept staring into the water, looking for his fish. He returned again and again, until finally the tank was drained, cleaned, and packed away. Clearly, I'll need to restock soon!

I'm really looking forward to finalizing this move and regaining my creative momentum. See you in a couple of weeks!

No comments: