Monday, January 28, 2008

Finally - An Update!



Finally. I seem to be saying that a lot lately. I can say "finally" about many things right now, but the biggest is that I finally have a small studio space set up. We are no longer using The Back Room as a storage area for construction items and boxed-up belongings, and it has been freshly painted and tiled. Over the weekend I was able to set up my table and a waist-high work surface with storage, and have unpacked most of my supplies. Funny thing is, after nearly 4 months of desperately wanting to create something (anything!), and not having access to any of my stuff, I had a hard time getting myself going. I was overwhelmed by all the supplies piled around me!

So, I chose to try out my new
Cuttlebug machine, which I bought with a Hobby Lobby gift card from my parents, plus a "40% off" coupon. What a wonderful, easy-to-use tool! No more embossing by hand with a metal template and a stylus! I've been wanting a Cuttlebug ever since I saw it being used on so many of the amazing cards over at Daring Cardmakers.

For the card pictured here, I used the D'vine Swirl embossing folder. Cardstock and rubber stamps are from Stampin' Up!.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder if you and dan would ever see daylight on your remodeling. glad to see you have a new posting. i'll be watching for your new projects now. love, aunt dottie