Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reduce Reuse Recycle


I've been saving this orange polka dot magazine ad for months, not really knowing what to do with it, but knowing that inspiration would come to me eventually. When I discovered a used cd in my pile of magazine tearouts, I thought it might make a good base for my polka dots. So I chopped up my ad, added some black strips cut from another magazine page, and here you have... well, a cd with orange spots. This might become a cover for a round book.

Visit my other blog to see how I've started repurposing old clothing.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Cheryl, this is great...it's vibrant, it's fun, it's useful and it reuses...what could be better?!? I too save all kinds of things that grab my attention. I might not know what it will be used for -- but down the road, it always is!

PixieDust said...

Love the colors... I do have scraps from magazines that are put away for that burst of inspiration! wonderful when it all comes together, yes?

The jean card is so cute - I have a pair of jeans I keep meaning to turn into a tote purse... I just need to figure out how to use the sewing machine hee,hee...

;-)

Tammie Lee said...

I think this would make a wonderful cover for a book! Great idea. Fun design.

Crafty Green Poet said...

this looks great, very striking and it would be a great cover for a book

Carolyn said...

I was surfin' the blogs and stopped by for a visit.

I just wanted to say hi and nice blog!

Carolyn