Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stamped Frame


Another easy stamping project is a photo frame. This frame was made from 4 layers of heavy chipboard, which were glued together with PVA glue. The front piece of chipboard will need a slightly smaller center hole, in order to hold your photo in place. The frame was then painted with gold Lumiere paint. Next, I stamped my images on a piece of vanilla cardstock and colored them with Radiant Pearls paints. After everything was dry, I applied a crackle medium, let it dry, then lightly sponged a light brown ink into the cracks. Finally, I cut the cardstock to fit the frame and attached it with more PVA glue. I've used a thin acrylic sheet to protect the photo.

The crackle medium I used was a 2-step kit that didn't require layers of paint either under or over the medium. I've been unable to find another kit, but Ranger makes a 1-step crackle accents product that can be used over stamped images and will produce results similar to mine. You can get it online at Texas Art Supply.

No comments: