Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Artist Trading Cards - Turquoise

Turquoise is the theme over at Think Monday-Think ATC this week, and that's a pretty good thing, because turquoise is my favorite color right now. And that's why I made two artist trading cards last night. I pulled out several paper choices, and couldn't make up my mind, so I just made both. And you know what? I didn't even bring out the rubber stamps!

On the left, I simply cut some elements out of one sheet of scrapbook paper, layered them onto the alphabet paper, and attached that to solid turquoise cardstock. I then punched a 1/4" hole and tied on a charm with a bit of grosgrain ribbon.

For the atc on the right, I used some petals I had cut out from a free sheet of collage elements, and some scraps of printed paper. The stem and the piece of green at the bottom are tiny scraps of fabric I had left over from a bag I made the night before (See, there's something to be said for not cleaning up after yourself right away!). Everything is decoupaged onto a piece of canvas I had painted a while back with acrylic paint.

Tonight I'll probably work on a square pincushion from a free Heather Bailey pattern download. I'll try to post photos in the next few days.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow they are fantastic.
Gorgeous ATC´s.

Anonymous said...

Both are gorgeous, but my favorite is the one on the right.

Anonymous said...

Turquoise is a good colour and my favourite shade is duck egg blue. Beautiful work.

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely ATCs, I'm really crazy about your flower one on the right!

Ed said...

love the colours of your ATC's and the flower one is just gorgeous, think I may have a go at one of these challenges. You've inspired me :-)

Anonymous said...

Two beautiful ATCs!

Anke said...

Fantastic ATC's.

Anke said...

Fantastic ATC's