Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tiny Pincushion


Surprised to finally see a new post? For several weeks I've been preparing for a move, then packing, moving, and unpacking until I can no longer bear the sight or the smell of a cardboard box. I've also been sick the entire time, so my energy level is pretty low right now. But the crafting must go on, so I'm glad I've been saving up this little project for when I need something quick, easy and oh-so-cute.

I've seen tiny pincushions in several places, but Jess over at How About Orange has provided a great tutorial that will have you cranking out these babies in no time. And in honor of Jess, I made mine orange!

For my pincushion, I used a screw-off cap from one of those new-fangled re-closeable beer cans. I found it on the ground at the Shrimp Festival a few months ago, and immediately pictured it as a pincushion bottom. It's just over 1-1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch deep. The finished pincushion is approximately 1-1/2 inches high.

No comments: