Sunday, May 6, 2007

Welcome!

Lenny da Vinci

Welcome to my new blog! On these pages I’ll be showing you samples of my creative work, sharing my inspiration, and keeping you up-to-date on all the little life events that, in the end, contribute to my creative process.

You will find that I love animals, have an uncontrollable sweet tooth, and think just about everything is beautiful. Although most of my photography is digital, and all the post processing is done on the computer, there’s still nothing quite like the smell of oil paints or the texture of a nicely hand-dyed piece of fabric to get me going creatively.

I am also a musician, I love to bake (although the cooking of “real” food is usually left to my husband, who enjoys it more than I do, unless it involves turning on an oven), and I like to dig in the dirt, always hopeful that I’ll get something to grow.

Pictured above is Lenny, who inspired the name of this blog. The poor little guy gets called an abundance of names, including Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lazy Lenny, Lenny da Vinny, and Lenny da Vinci, to mention just a few. Anyway, it’s only fitting that he be included in this first post. He is one of five, all cats who were strays that crossed our paths or were adopted from shelters.

Thanks for visiting, and please stop by every now and then to see what I’m up to!

No comments: